Our Student Ministry Pastor, you will primarily be responsible for equipping and empowering a team of leaders to lead and love students in our Student Ministry. As a part of the NextGen team, the Student Ministry Pastor will play a critical role in strategy
that goes beyond middle and high school students. To be successful, his/her time will be spent investing relationally with adult volunteers in an effort to build a healthy community around each student. He/she will coordinate the moving parts and resources
needed for Small Group Leaders to invest in and engage students, worship environments, and programming in ways that are relevant to their stage of development and to partner with parents every step of the way.
Student Ministry Pastor will possess:
- A deep love for Jesus Christ and His people.
- A heart for those far from God and in desperate need of finding their spiritual significance in Him.
- Leadership abilities that thrive in a team-based environment.
- An understanding of adolescent development; understanding how to care for students of different ages and stages of development.
- Strong commitment to building environments that impact the hearts of students.
- Ability to lead within an established structure/system/culture.
- Highly organized with the ability to troubleshoot, dream big, and have a strong eye for detail.
- Flexible and willing to take risks.
- Ability to recruit and engage volunteers.
- Relatable to both parents and students.
- A teachable mindset; always seeking to develop personally and professionally.
- Willingness to serve in all areas of NextGen ministry as a team player, not operating in a silo.
- Champion the NextGen lead small movement placing a consistent leader in the life of every student.
- Build/expand a growing leadership team and coaches that will support the growing needs of volunteers in Student Ministry.
- Organize and lead Huddles (monthly) for the Student Ministry volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator to manage any scheduling needs for volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator in ongoing recruiting efforts for Student Ministry volunteers as well as coordinate with organized NextGen recruiting efforts.
- Collaborate with the Facilities Team to ensure spotless environments and effective delivery of curriculum, supplies, and resources.
- Champion clear, effective, and consistent communication to leaders, volunteers, and parents.
- Collaborate with the Creative Arts team to ensure excellence of programing, media elements, stage design, and curriculum relevance in large group programming.
- Help plan events for students and families outside of regular programs as tasked by Northeast Leadership.
- Help speak into, develop, and maintain all elements that make up the NextGen team.
- Help speak into, develop, and maintain tools and resources for equipping parents at Northeast.
- Participate in other church-wide/NextGen functions, events, and meetings as requested by the NextGen Pastor.
- Commitment to spiritual integrity, moral purity, and healthy relationships.
- Experience leading a Student Ministry driven by a small group model.
- Gifted in leading a team and empowering others.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Seminary Training preferred.
- Experience leading a large student ministry (100+).