Vertical Church Ministry Description
The role of the Youth Pastor is to provide leadership, development, and direction for the Youth Ministry and volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific to Vertical Church.
To provide Biblical teaching; create exciting & interactive learning environments; build loving and encouraging relationships that help students experience the wonder of Jesus Christ.
- Exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Possesses experience in senior high youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for RISE student ministry.
- Gifted and called to student ministry, loves students, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- Engaging teacher, with a solid biblical and theological background
- Self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
- Fully embraces the mission, vision, and values of Vertical Church
- Be on time, be reliable, take initiative, and be self-motivated
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers and volunteers
- Lead and organize effective student programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit and train adult volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Secure background checks on all volunteers and staff related to the student ministry.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Support Vertical Church parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the student ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seek to integrate student ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Oversee the purchase and maintaining of all resources used in the Student Ministry
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the beginning of any scheduled event to ensure the necessary support staff and items are in place. (i.e. Sunday 10:00 a.m. and Wednesday 6:30 p.m.).
- Grow student ministry in meaningful ways, including numerically.
- Participate in one-on-one mentoring by the Senior Pastor as needed in order to provide encouragement, direction, support, and challenge you toward holiness and righteousness.
- Attend worship services and special meetings.
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the Staff, Trustees and Leadership Team.
- Participate in a yearly job performance review.
- Present a yearly youth budget proposal
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
- Understand there will be an annual review to determine the status of the position. There may come a time when a different role may fit the overall team better and leader is asked to change positions.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor
- Communicates all events with the Administrative Assistant
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within Vertical Church
- Youth Pastor is a full-time paid position