Please visit www.gncconline.com/worshipdirector for full details, as well as to apply.
Full-Time Worship Director
Good News Community Church is searching for God’s person who is called to be a catalyst for transformational worship experiences for the local church. This person will be a proven leader to direct our Christ-centered worship ministries in a variety of contexts.
The successful candidate should not only possess superior musical skill and a vibrant passion for Christian worship, but also be able to enhance the musical skills of others and work through volunteer leaders of multiple teams through exemplary coaching, training,
and leadership abilities. The successful candidate will vision, implement, and evaluate our worship experiences in each of our contexts: weekend and midweek services; medium-sized groups and discipleship environments (Celebrate Recovery; Missional Communities;
children’s and youth worship); and outreach-oriented gatherings.
Worship Team Vision Statement
The GNCC Worship Team
serves as a catalyst
for transformational experiences with God
by leading in imitable practices that are
centered in the Gospel,
shaped by the full-spectrum of Christian tradition,
and embodied by our gathered and scattered community.
Serves as the Worship Ministry Team Leader
- Disciples worship team members and leaders through intentional and on-going coaching and training
- Develops worship teams and leaders for a variety of contexts and social spaces (weekend and midweek services; discipleship groups, etc.).
- Leads team rehearsals directly and/or by coaching individual worship team leaders
- Coordinates skill training and spiritual development activities for worship team members
- Maintains a calendar and a schedule for all persons and elements involved in each worship service
- Arranges and distributes all music and resources needed
- Communicates with worship team members about individual involvement and progress
Responsible for Crafting and Implementing Church’s Vision of Worship
- Collaborates on and implements the church’s worship vision with team of staff and lay leaders
- Works with the lead pastor, teaching team, and worship team to determine the order of worship and to integrate the focus of the message into each service
- Establishes calendar for programming events, special worship events, and rehearsal schedules
- Plans for the effective implementation of each event
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess These Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional musical leadership skills, musical experience and teaching abilities (vocal and instrumental)
- Exemplary coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience creating and implementing authentic and impactful worship services
- Strong musical ability, both instrumental and vocal
- Experience leading worship in a variety of styles for believers and seekers together
- Experience in developing, shepherding and leading various music and fine arts teams
- Stimulate participation, growth, and connection throughout the congregation
- Effective communication skills to lead and speak to our congregation in various settings with cultural awareness
- Possess a strong learner mentality, with humility and teachability as key attributes
- Diligence in personal spiritual growth through personal spiritual practices
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in ministry, worship leadership, or related field
- Proven expertise with a musical instrument
- Four or more years experience in worship leading
- Strong leadership skills and training
- All ministry leaders of GNCC must meet character/leadership qualifications outlined in I Timothy 3
Our Hiring Principles
Education, skills, and experience form a basis to begin evaluation of potential candidates. Other significant factors include character, leadership and management style, and chemistry with other leaders.
This is a salaried position that includes health insurance, retirement, continuing education fund, 4 weeks vacation, and 1 week professional development. Salary is determined by following the standards of our denomination, recognizing the needs of living
in our region, and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
About Good News Community Church
Good News Community Church is a Christian, evangelical, Reformed church located in Okoboji, Iowa. About 800 people from around the Iowa Great Lakes area attend Good News. GNCC is a growing church full of young families and people from every stage of life.
Good News Community Church has always strived to be known not as a building or a program, but as a people— a community seeking what God is doing and joining Him in it. Throughout the years, GNCC has intentionally resisted becoming a pastor or staff-centric
church. Rather, the leadership of Good News Community Church has persisted in seeing its primary role as equippers of all of God’s people. Since the vision aims for “reproducing apprentices,” we view mentoring, apprenticing, and equipping as crucial for the
continued vitality of our community. This is why GNCC has placed such emphasis on every leader apprenticing co-leaders, on mentoring being a norm, and on the reproduction of leaders and groups being a measure of health.
Good News Community Church is located in the Iowa Great Lakes chain (one of the largest tourist destinations in the state), attracting more than one million visitors annually. Families have made this their summer vacation destination for generations. That
is why the area, collectively referred to as Okoboji, has come to be known as the Land of Lakes and Family Fun.
We desire to fill this position as soon as possible and will continue reviewing candidates until we are able to identify the right person. Interested and qualified individuals follow the instructions as outlined at www.gncconline.com/worshipdirector