Purpose of the Position
The Next Generation Pastor will be a champion of the next generation, which in the context of North River, includes students, young adults and young families. This pastor will oversee the Middle School Ministry Assistant, lead the High
School Ministry, and connect young adults and young families by helping them integrate and become involved in the church in meaningful ways.
About North River Community Church
North River Community Church was launched in the fall of 1989 by a steering team of ten people, led by Paul Atwater as our founding pastor. Our mission statement is: “Helping people who are far from God to become fully developed worshipers and servants
of Christ.” Our desire is to introduce people to Jesus who have been away from church and those who have never been part of the church, while taking Christ-followers deeper in faith as we pursue the five purposes that flow from the heart of Jesus.
Our staff and Overseers team has been pursuing a long-range plan that features several strategic initiatives aimed at growing North River’s core ministries and infrastructure in order to position the church for continued growth and expansion. Two key outcomes
of this long-range plan is to invest further in reaching the next generation and enfolding young families into the ministry and leadership of the church, and to make adaptive changes towards ministry in a missional context.
A successful candidate will be a growing Christ-follower who possesses and demonstrates the following core gifts and passions:
Leader: Gifted in leading, empowering people and developing teams. Someone who is winsome, and has the ability to rally and mobilize people together around a common goal.
Relational: Someone who is highly relational, understands the value of incarnational ministry, and has a proven track record in equipping adults to walk alongside students and young adults.
Teacher: Able to effectively communicate and teach in both small group and large group settings.
Intergenerational: Able to understand the spiritual needs of each generation, and seeks to partner with the rest of the staff for increased integration of all generations.
Theological Depth: A lifelong learner, with a strong theological foundation upon which their life and decisions reflect biblical discernment. Comfortable engaging in dialogue with both seekers and believers.
Missional Outreach: Someone who understands and is comfortable with ministry in a missional context.
The primary responsibilities of the Next Generation Pastor include:
- Provide overall vision and leadership to students, young adults and young families that will encourage spiritual growth and integration into the church.
- Foster an invitational culture that mobilizes students and young adults to reach those who are not yet connected to the church.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive ministry plan that helps encourage the next generation to take next steps on their spiritual journey.
- Build volunteer teams to help foster relationships with the next generation to ensure they are known and cared for.
- Develop a small group strategy that will assist in helping the next generation to grow in community, and in faith.
- Build the value of life-long service to others through local and global outreach opportunities for students, young adults and young families.
- Partner with Parents in strategic ways that encourages them and help them to provide spiritual guidance and direction for their kids.
- Lead and manage Student Ministries Assistant and Middle School Ministry Assistant.
- Work with the rest of the staff to be a learner of the next generation, and to help identify adaptive changes that will help North River to continue to thrive now and in the future.
If you would like a complete Job Description, or if you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Todd Szymczak (email@example.com).