Louisa Christian Church
Ministerial Job Description
Louisa Christian Church (LCC) is a small community church located in the Piedmont region of Central Virginia. About an hour from the cities of Charlottesville, Richmond, and Fredericksburg, our church congregation is looking to call a minister who can meet
a variety of needs within our church and community. The ideal candidate will have an instructional style of preaching joined with a desire to guide a small youth group, and reach out to parishioners and the community at large. Our congregation is made up
of mostly mature adults with a dedicated number of families and young adults. This congregation is led by a strong church board which will guide a minister who would be welcome to bring ideas for growth, worship, and community outreach and to collaborate
with the board for the growth and well being of the LCC church family.
- The Minister of Louisa Christian Church will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Plan and lead the Sunday worship services and such other services and activities as may be determined and collaborate with the Church Board, committees, and fellowship groups. The minister will have primary responsibility for the preaching ministry of the
- Conduct funerals, weddings and baptismal services as requested.
- Minister to the dying and surviving members of the deceased family and be encouraged to visit the ill in hospitals, nursing homes, and those restricted to residences.
- Be available for pastoral counseling including but not limited to families in grieving circumstances, couples preparing for marriage, those needing help with spiritual growth and guidance for individual parishioners.
- Meet on a regular basis with committee meetings, Christian Women’s Fellowship (CWF), Youth, Choir, and Sunday School to enhance their programs and activities. Enthusiasm, spiritual insight, biblical guidance, and ideas for progress to help and enrich each
group for ongoing development and improvement.
- Make evangelism calls on potential new members and visit and/or call non-participating members. Developing relationships with parishioners and potential parishioners is a significant responsibility for the progression of the health and well-being of the
- The Minister of Louisa Christian Church will be encouraged to participate in other Activities away from the Local Congregation using the following guidelines:
- At all times the minister shall perform his/her duties and represent Louisa Christian Church in the community with exemplary character and morals.
- The minister is encouraged to take an active part in local ministerial organizations, community events, and outreach as a representative of Louisa Christian Church.
- The minister shall devote time each week to study and to keep current theologically, biblically, and technologically.
Louisa Christian Church is nestled in the heart of the Town of Louisa, one of two incorporated towns in Louisa County, Virginia. The population of the town is approximately 1,500 residents. The recently refurnished Main Street boasts retail shopping venues,
restaurants, financial institutions and numerous professional offices. Several other churches are located within walking or a brief driving distance within the town limits.
Louisa County is a certified business location of 514 square miles stretching along I-64 east toward Richmond and west toward Charlottesville. Attractive family neighborhoods as well as older homes and affordable housing facilities dot the 60-mile landscape
from Gum Spring to Zion Crossroads.
Golf courses, historic landmarks, arts programs, waterfront recreational areas and numerous civic, youth and community organizations offer much to the Louisa community.
Six fully-accredited schools--four elementary schools, one middle school, and one centrally-located high school--provide exceptional educational opportunities for a total student population of approximately 5,000 in Prekindergarten through Grade 12.
Louisa Co. Public Schools Recruiting Brochure 2017
Louisa Co. Parks, Rec & Tourism Leisure Times S/S Activity Guide
Town of Louisa Website -- http://www.louisatown.org/
County of Louisa Website -- http://www.louisacounty.com/
Our search committee would like to start a conversation with you to discover if you are called to minister to Louisa Christian Church, please submit to the Search committee an introductory letter along with a professional resume. Thank you for your interest.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by US Postal Service:
Louisa Christian Church
P.O. Box 1344
Louisa, VA 23093