This job might be for you: You’re a visionary team builder who has a proven ability to develop leaders. You’re a self starter with an impeccable work-ethic and driven by seeing people coming to faith in Christ and in turn you’re passionate
about equipping others to share that Good News to transform a neighborhood in our city. You’re a self-starter with the ability to lead from the 2nd chair, you have a genuine love for people and you’re a good communicator.
The Location Pastor is a...
- Pastor: Fully devoted to knowing God and making Him known in everything they do. They lead and develop leaders to meet needs of their growing congregation. Some of this is done personally but as the church grows, much of this is done by implementing systems
of care and equipping leaders to help lead. This includes ministering to the people of Park during significant life events such as weddings, funerals and other similar events.
- Teaches and communicates: Regularly teaches in various venues but his vision to reach more people is greater than his passion to communicate. A LP must be a vision-carrier and able to cast the overall vision of Park. They’re the primary host, greeter and
vision-caster of the local campus.
- High capacity, catalytic leader: A high energy, catalytic, self-starter who not only gets things done, but makes things happen! Able to rally people to a cause.
- A champion of core ministries: Champion and implements core ministries as expressed at the campus level. Encourages volunteers and staff constantly and is always on the lookout for new leaders and volunteers to plug into core ministry positions at the campus
- Team player: Someone who people will follow, but who can also follow the senior leadership and elders of the church. Not a lone ranger maverick, but someone who is able to work on a team and within the church structure.
- People magnet: A relational “animal” that draws people like flies to honey. They love people and people love being around them. They have a high “fun factor.”
- Mobilizer: This person not only attracts followers but can turn them into volunteers, volunteer teams and volunteer leaders. Can build teams and identify high capacity leaders to build more teams.
- Multi-tasker: Shows a high capacity to juggle a lot of balls simultaneously and loves the juggling act.
- DNA Carrier: Bleeds and defaults to the mission, vision, values, and senior leadership / elders of Park.
- Learner: Can take direction and feedback well and has a great desire to learn.
- Conflict Resolver: Unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts, ministry misalignment, or issues of sin
- Person of Integrity: At the core, they make solid decisions based on life-long values
- Self-Aware Individual: Knows where he is weak finds others to fill in those gaps
- Pastors the local congregation towards growth
- Is the chief advocate and mobilizer for reaching 1% of their neighborhood
- Is the chief vision caster in helping his congregation live a missional lifestyle
- A rancher more than a shepherd
- Communicate, develop and execute the vision and strategy to grow your campus
- Create an inviting culture
- Lead people to church engagement
- Implement systems and structures related to core ministries
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and best practices
- Set and achieve measurable goals for health and growth
- Identify, recruit and develop key ministry leaders and a healthy volunteer culture
- Small Groups
- Missions (Renew & Global
- Champions core ministries as expressed at the campus level
- A key advocate for Park being ONE church expressed in many neighborhoods in our city
- Works with core ministry pastors & directors
- Regularly equips your leaders with curated resources that are leadership and area specific
- Host and occasionally teach at the weekend gathering
- Manage campus budget and develop stewardship and giving
- Lead campus staff team and elder meetings Performance Measurement and Evaluation :
- Monitor and evaluate key health and growth metrics
- Small Groups Participation
- Serving / Volunteers
- Monthly checkins with supervisor (to discuss):
- Individual Goals
- Leadership Characteristics
- Team builder
- Enthusiastic, visionary leadership from the 2nd chair
- Compliance to policies and procedures
- Selfstarter with a great work ethic
- Genuine care for people
- Good communicator
- Semi annual performance evaluation: 360 Review every other year
Key Competencies & Characteristics:
- Committed follower of Jesus and meets qualifications described in 1 Timothy 3.
- Passionate about reaching 1% of Chicago
- Has excelled in leadership roles in either a church or corporate environment.
- Ability to lead leaders and build volunteer teams.
- A strong communicator (and okay with not preaching every week).
- Organized and able to handle administrative duties.
- Embraces change and can adapt quickly with a “we can do anything” attitude.
- Makes things better through evaluating and improving processes.
- Able to figure it out, follow through, and get it done.
- Leads the way in generosity and faithful in giving.
- Likes to laugh, have fun and enjoy celebrating.
- A hungry learner with a track record of leading yourself well.
- Live a life consistent with qualities laid out in 1 Timothy 3 for an elder
- Be in a small group and have an accountability partner
- Be intentionally fostering a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through your time in the Bible, prayer, and Christian community
- Become a Park Partner and to abide by the By-laws indicated in our partnership book
- Reflect Christ in your words and actions in your personal life and ministry. You will be looked up to as you model the Christian faith, and the way you live your life should reflect the Gospel. (Living lives of holiness, purity, and free from addictions)
- Live in the city limits of Chicago