Pastor wanted for a small country church of approximately 50 members located in the rural community of Florence, Ohio. Typical Sunday attendance ranges from 40 to 70. The age of attendees ranges from the newborn to the 90-year-old. The church property
includes the worship center, a fellowship hall, and a parsonage. We trace our roots back to 1818, when the church was organized as a Presbyterian church. The current main church building was completed in 1842 while the fellowship hall was constructed in
1962. A 3-bedroom parsonage is maintained.
We are a motivated group of people, excited to see where God may be leading us during this time of new discovery and renewal. We have been busy discovering new life at the Florence Church. Recent renewal efforts include:
- An ongoing emphasis on planning and delivering relevant Sunday messages
- An effort to increase the value placed upon volunteerism in our church
- A renewed focus on facility maintenance and care
- The creation of a 1st Impressions ministry
- Added a “Connections Cafe” where people can gather to experience the gift of community
- Expanded our care ministries
- Added small group concept to aid with spiritual development
We are excited with the following challenges that lie ahead:
- We need to maintain our vigilance on the renewal efforts noted above
- We need a renewed emphasis on Christian education/spiritual development for children, youth, and adults
- We need to increase and improve our focus on youth
- We need improved methods of managing our visitation programs
- In a nutshell, we believe we need more - more relevancy, more excitement, more focus on youth, more focus on Christian education, more focus on outreach, more focus on technology, more focus on prayer, more focus on stewardship, more, more, more.
- As we look at the items above, we believe church growth is not only possible, but a spiritual mandate and necessary ingredient both from a human resource and a financial perspective.
We dream of a church that attracts visitors, as well as one that reaches out to serve the community.
We’d like to be able to say we are creating environments where people are encouraged and equipped:
- To pursue an intimate relationship with God;
- To pursue fellowship within the church;
- To transform the community towards Christ.
We’d like to be known as a welcoming, vibrant and relevant community where people of all ages can encounter God and take the next step in their journey of faith.
PROFILE OF THE PERFECT PASTOR:
- He is a spiritually rooted, visionary leader who can inspire those around him
- He has necessary interpersonal skills to work effectively with others in the church and in the community
- He is passionate about church renewal
- He understands the process of change and can communicate the biblical foundation for change
- He recognizes the biblical mandate and the need for excellence as a way of honoring God.
- He possesses the gift of teaching and is able to develop and deliver relevant messages with clear and inspiring takeaways
- He possesses the gift of leadership and is able to cast vision while engaging and enlisting volunteers to help make the vision a reality
- He is a people person dedicated to reaching out to people as the needs and opportunities arise
- He has at least 5 years of experience in local church ministry with a proven record of effectiveness
- An advanced degree in Christian ministry from an accredited institution is preferred.
We have a team of people eagerly awaiting the arrival of the right leader. If this posting resonates with you, and you find your heart beating a little more quickly, God may be calling you to Florence, Ohio. If so, please email a resume and cover letter