TO APPLY, PLEASE GO TO http://scottsdalebible.com/employment AND SELECT SPECIAL MINISTRIES PASTOR.
This position will provide shepherding and support to Scottsdale Bible Church students with special needs and their families as well as oversee the planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating of all approved SBC Special Ministries programming and events,
and participate in all other ministry opportunities and responsibilities of our pastoral staff.
Full-time, 40 hours (exempt)
Reports to Minister of Adult Ministries
- Cast vision for special ministries and align and promote church Mission, Vision and Values.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers to serve families and those with special needs.
- Care about students of all abilities.
- Provide support and encouragement to families/individuals through trying times, pray with them, and seek opportunities to enfold them into the SBC body.
- Create awareness of Special Ministries within our SBC community. Advocate for people with special needs.
- Educate ministry leadership about trends in disability efforts/ministries worldwide.
- Identify and remove obstacles that may prevent families/individuals from experiencing fellowship, worship, or any reasonable participation with the body of Christ at SBC.
- Serve as liaison between families/individuals that are affected by disabilities in Children’s Ministries, Student Ministries, and other applicable ministry teams. Work with various ministry teams to identify needs related to disability issues and explore
opportunities to meet those needs. And help mainstream students when ready.
- Support and advocate other SBC ministries internally and to the community and network with community leaders to identify opportunities.
- Create opportunities for the SBC Community to become involved in ministry.
- Teach in the classrooms as needed and provide leadership and monitor other teachers and students during class times.
- Explore new methods in assisting students with disabilities. Assess and improve current methods.
- Research and adopt suitable curriculum and technology to meet the needs of the students.
- Implement and adapt materials for group dynamics.
- Develop opportunities for adults and SuperKids to serve others.
- Develop training, policies and procedures for special needs ministry and train all volunteers.
- Plan events for ministry including families and friends to enjoy ministry outside of Bible classes.
- Maintain organization of classroom(s) with assistance from program assistant and volunteers.
- Order necessary materials for Special Ministry classes or SBC ministry teams requiring curriculum or other material appropriate for people with special needs.
- Organize and implement teacher rotation schedules for every class; prepare curriculum and supplies with assistance from program assistant and volunteers.
- Perform a variety of administrative functions including Ministry Platform data entry, room reservations, website and bulletin updates with assistance from program assistant and volunteers.
- Coordinate expense submittals and participate in budget preparation.
Church-wide Pastoral Duties
- Participate in Pastor of the Week schedule rotation (providing pastoral care to the public)
- Participate in pastoral staff leadership opportunities and responsibilities as requested by Executive Leadership Team.
- Perform weddings and memorials as needed.
- Participate in all-church events.
Agree with Scottsdale Bible Church’s Statement of Faith, demonstrate a growing faith in Jesus Christ; practice spiritual disciplines such as prayer and Bible study; excellent written and oral communication skills; a thorough knowledge and understanding of
the problems and issues facing individuals with disabilities or those who care for them; demonstrated knowledge of the cultural, social, psychological and physical needs of the disability community. Model respect of all people – groups and individuals; team
player; must have thick skin and a tender and teachable heart – as well as the ability to laugh and enjoy ministry.
- BA or BS degree from recognized institution of higher learning.
- Three or more years of successful experience in some combination:
- Teaching/Education of those with special needs
- Special Needs Ministry
- Demonstrated experience in pastoral care.
- Proven leadership and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office