PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2kUY7Z1
About the Organization:
Southeast Christian Church is a family on mission, passionate about using their unique gifts to advance God’s Kingdom by connecting people to Jesus and one another. They serve the body of Christ—the Church—because they’ve experienced the love of God in their
own lives. As a result, they are motivated to share it with others by loving where they are, just as Jesus demonstrated and commanded.
Founded in 1962 with 53 members under the name South Louisville Christian Church, Southeast Christian Church is currently the seventh largest church in the United States. Over the past decades, they have witnessed God working in and growing the church to
be a multi-campus, powerfully prayerful, and welcoming family of believers.
Location: Louisville, KY
About the Position:
The Director of Communications will provide effective leadership and oversight to the entire communications department and related teams. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to see vision for the communications of Southeast Christian Church
and be able to effectively support, disseminate, and guide the execution of the vision of the church overall. They will also ensure that the ministries of the church are upholding the church’s vision while accomplishing the right communication for their individual
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Communications Director:
A Bachelors or higher Degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or related field of study is preferred.
- 8+ years in professional marketing, branding, advertising or communications related position.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing a creative team within a church or ministry environment is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in directing creative process as well as managing projects is strongly preferred.
- Experience and examples of leading a team and developing others to lead teams with goals defined, tracked, and achieved.
- General understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Affects, Premier, and Final Cut.
- Strong understanding of video production, web design, social media, graphic design, and brand management.
- High capacity leadership with proven ability in executing vision through large teams in complex organizations.
- Ability to lead through difficult situations and resolve conflict.
- Ability to create, encourage, and maintain a positive/Christ-honoring work environment.
- Understand ministry development and execution in a mega-church environment and culture.
- Create quarterly communications plans for ministries, outlining what they are approved for.
- Oversees production, editing and posting of all web content.
- Able to unify communications across all campuses/multi-sites and streamline the process for distributing, organizing, and publishing content at different campuses while adhering to overall strategy and church vision.
- Develop values and guidelines for internal and external communications for the church and ministries.
- Create a unifying voice across all communication platforms.
- Effectively prioritize and manage mission critical initiatives and projects.
- Maintain, track, and measure effectiveness of communication vehicles through analytics.
- Integrate with IT team to focus on the most effective communication channels.
- Train staff to build and lead volunteer teams to support and enhance the work of ministry.
- Build/sustain trust, unity, and respect with the Communications Department team and the staff of Southeast Christian Church.
- Meet and achieve all highlighted expectations of the role with excellence.
Southeast Christian Church is a family on mission, and they are passionate about people using their unique gifts to advance God’s Kingdom by connecting people to Jesus and to one another. The HR Ministry exists to identify, develop, and shepherd Kingdom
workers to reach their full potential in Christ. As such, they ask that any potential or current employee at Southeast Christian Church understands, supports and appropriately adheres or strives to live out certain values and lifestyle commitments:
- Understands, supports, and strives to live out these Southeast Church Staff Family Values:
- We move together: The body of Christ is most powerful unified. We want to impact the Kingdom by working together to achieve our mission and vision.
- We follow prayerfully: We recognize the power of prayer in seeking guidance from God. We are committed to walking in obedience at the leading of the Spirit.
- We love authentically: We recognize the power of prayer in seeking guidance from God. We are committed to walking in obedience at the leading of the Spirit.
- We risk obediently: We don’t shrink back or play it safe—we lean into who we are in Christ and we do all we can to carry the Gospel to the ends of the earth.
- We live sacrificially: We want to follow Jesus’ example by giving our lives for Kingdom work—through our time, treasure, and talents; our spiritual gifts; and the resources we’ve been given.
- Committed to traditional, Biblical values, and morals.
- Exercises good judgment in all things, including social media usage.
- Commitment to full support of Southeast Christian Church’s Statement of Faith.
About the Location:
Louisville is the largest city in Kentucky and the 27th largest city in the United States. Referred to as the northernmost southern city and as the southernmost northern city, Louisville is the most accessible city in the country. Located in the
bluegrass region of Kentucky, it is one of the oldest cities in the country west of the Appalachian Mountains. Founded in 1778, Louisville is named after King Louis XVI of France. During the Civil War, Louisville was a major hub for Union forces.
With its strategic location on the Ohio River, Louisville’s economy has been tied from the early days to its business sector. The city is home to Churchill Downs and the annual Kentucky Derby, and Fortune 500 companies such as, Papa John’s Pizza, General
Electric (GE), Ford Motors, Amazon, UPS, Texas Roadhouse, and Yum Brands (owners of KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell). One of the nation’s largest health insurance companies, Humana, and the Muhammad Ali Center, featuring boxing memorabilia of the legend who
grew up there, also call Louisville home. There is also a military presence in Louisville, with Fort Knox nearby.
The University of Louisville is the major institution of higher education in the city, but there are a number of other colleges and graduate schools in the area as well, including the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (Southern Baptist). The public schools
of Louisville offer many school choice options for children, varying from science, arts, and aeronautics oriented schools. There are also many private Christian K-12 schools in Louisville.
According to the 2010 U.S. Census, Louisville has a population of 741,096. The area around Valley View Church (called Valley Station) is predominately a blue-collar, middle-income community, with an average household income around $45,000. The median age
in Louisville is 37 years, and the ethnic demographic is 75% white and 20% African American. Louisville has four distinct seasons and 122 parks, covering 13,000 acres.
Ranking in the Top 5 in the country for offering the cleanest water, the city is abounding with cultural activity and outdoor recreation, offering something for everyone. Louisville also holds the distinction of having the largest urban forest in America,
the 8,000-acre Jefferson Memorial Forest. Two attractions that stand out are the Waterfront area along the Ohio River, with many shops, restaurants, and special exhibits, and the Louisville Slugger Bat Factory (Hillerich & Bradsby), with tours offered to visitors.
The Kentucky Center, in downtown Louisville, is home to Broadway plays and the Louisville Orchestra.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2kUY7Z1