PRIMARY PURPOSE: The role of the Visual Arts Director is to support VCC’s mission and vision by helping cultivate a welcoming, engaging, accessible, beautiful, and inviting environment on VCC’s campus and throughout all levels of VCC’s print
and digital presence.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES. Include overseeing & participating in the following:
Design and deliver graphics and print media that welcome and engage the church and city
- Responsible for the graphic quality of all printed, electronic and digital communications for all VCC ministries including but not limited to, sermon series graphics, sermon & teaching presentations, books, postcards, banners, etc.
- Developing sermon series design packages which include: series design, bumper video outline and concept, stage design plan, and other supporting multi-media elements.
- Production of VCC printed materials (bulletins, The Weekly, books, postcards, etc.).
- Creation of templates and guidelines for various ministries to create their own supporting graphics as needed
Oversee and manage VCC’s online web presence and social media in alignment with its mission and values
- Developing the design, content creation, and managing the updates for the main VCC website and supported ministries websites.
- Manage social media strategy, planning and implementation.
Design and implement worship environment and service aesthetics in support of sermon series and season
- Crafting sanctuary/foyer design plans to integrate with and augment sermon series/season.
- Work with Technical Director and Worship Pastor for design and implementation.
- Work with deacons and volunteers on implementation.
- Review design and implementation plans with Facilities manager.
Develop and execute marketing strategies and communications aligned with VCC’s branding and mission
- Developing digital media and marketing strategies.
- Creating copy and content to support marketing strategies.
- Creating a variety of accessible marketing tools for the VCC lead team and ministry leads including but not limited to, social media graphics, advertising plans, & email campaigns.
- Establishing and maintaining quality standards for branding and all church communication including weekly bulletin, church-wide emails, Sunday slides, etc.
Provide project management for major events and projects
- Scheduling and managing for major projects including teaching series, books, websites, and special services.
Cultivate, lead, and manage team of communications ministry volunteers (writers, photographers, designers, artists, etc.).
- A love for Jesus
- Ability to be a fully engaged member of VCC and an advocate for cultivating a culture of apprenticeship
- Ability to work well independently, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments, and as a member of a team
- Experience in brand development and management
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best- practices
- Hungry to learn—committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses
- Values collaboration, embraces flexibility, and exhibits a joyful attitude
- Strong portfolio that shows a variety of projects, containing both print and web design projects
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Effects or Final Cut
- Keen eye for typography, color, and layout design
- Proficient in web-based technologies including Word Press, HTML code, Dreamweaver, Java script and/or similar graphic software
- Experience producing and editing videos, large-scale web sites, e-marketing, and advertising.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Education and training in related field or equivalent visual design experience
All applicants should submit applications to email@example.com.
Candidates must provide portfolio of past work with specific details about their contributions.