MISSION AND VISION
Northside’s mission is to connected unconnected people to Jesus Christ by connecting them to Christ, community and their calling.
Our vision the 3rd-5th GRADE MINISTER is to work with our Next Gen Pastor and Next Gen team to oversee the 3rd-5th grade ministry. This person will oversee programming for the weekend, recruiting and equipping
volunteers, and planning exciting events not only for this ministry but also for their parents. Our goal for Next Gen is to partner the whole family along with the student.
- Lead a culture that puts emphasis on small group leaders being the primary and consistent connection point for students.
- Partner with parents and see them as the primary disciple makers of the students.
- Oversee an exciting and energy driven program that engages students and points them to Jesus
- Partner the Next Gen Pastor and Next Gen team to create a plan for transitions between all departments with an end goal in mind for child/student.
- Be a team player who is willing to collaborate with other ministers and ministries in the church.
- Pursue students and families outside of our walls.
- Leader of leaders
- Team builder and recruiter
- Delegator of tasks
- Committed to the Next Gen Team and strategies
- Developer of systems and strategies
- Collaborative with staff and volunteers
- Servant to those around them
- Knowledgeable about pre-teen ministry and programs
- Communication gifting from stage and during the week
- Innovative communicator to parents and families
This person needs to be a leader that empowers others to reach students and point them to Jesus. The ability to train up leaders is a must. It is important that this person feels called to 3rd-5th grade ministry and is committed to
the strategies and vision of the Next Gen team. The ideal candidate will have experience in leading large teams of volunteers and proven creative and communication ability.