Summary of Position
The Community Life Pastor’s role is to be the “point person” for community involvement within the church. Their focus is to create avenues that help take an individual from point A to point B in their walk with Christ and their church. Whether you are new
to the church or have been a believer for decades, this Pastor finds and provides a place for you to continue to grow and take next steps in your faith journey.
- Expand and give leadership to a network of community building opportunities.
- Cast vision, expand and improve the processes and programs for integrating people into community life and spiritual maturity. (i.e. Rooted)
- Continually evaluate every connecting mechanism, always working to infuse creativity and relevance in order to improve and increase connectivity.
- Expand the number, style, diversity, location and nature of community building ministries.
- Create a sustainable structure that emphasizes the core component of “doing life together”.
- Develop a committed leadership team that can assist in oversight and expansion of community life ministries.
- Connect intentionally with first time guests to help them identify next step opportunities.
- Integrate new community building opportunities in to the life and culture of SeaCoast Grace Church.
- Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, communion, baptisms, and hospital visits.
- Serve and contribute at church outreach events as a part of the Leadership Team.
- Participate regularly in weekend worship services.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate information at weekly Pastoral/Director meetings.
Strengths and Gifts
- Ability to work independently, initiate and prioritize workload.
- Ability to exercise excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism through appearance, attitude and loyalty.
- Ability to build strong and healthy relationships.
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgement, and patience.
- Experience. Minimum 5 years related ministry experience.
(large church setting preferred)
- Education. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
(Special consideration will be given to candidates having experience or demonstrated proficiency in this field).
I. Exhibit a meaningful, growing and ongoing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
II. Model the biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
III. Set a Christ-like example in both words and actions.
IV. Continue to grow spiritually and professionally through reading, listening to training resources, taking classes etc.