Summary of Position
The High School Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of high school students. Their goal is to further the mission of SeaCoast Grace Church through developing programs, ministry strategies, service opportunities,
and leadership teams that exhibit a dynamic and growing student ministry. This person should be able to cultivate relationships with parents, students, leaders, and volunteers that is life-giving and influential.
- Lead, teach, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the High School ministry.
- Establish ministry goals and objectives that support the mission of SeaCoast Grace Church.
- Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise leaders and volunteers of the High School ministry.
- Plan and execute weekly services that are biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high energy for High School students.
- Create and maintain a High School ministry calendar that drives the activities and teachings of the ministry.
- Publish creative promotional material that reaches mass audiences.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Oversee the coordination of High School ministry camps and mission trips.
- Propose and administer an annual budget that wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes High School ministry opportunity.
- Maintain a welcoming and inviting environment through the upkeep of student ministry facilities.
- Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, communion, baptisms, and hospital visits.
- Serve and contribute at church outreach events as a part of the Leadership Team.
- Participate regularly in weekend worship services.
- Provide up-to-date and accurate information at weekly Pastoral/Director meetings.
- Experience. Minimum of 3+ years experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership position. (Large church setting experience is preferred.)
- Education. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
(Special consideration will be given to candidates possessing an education in bible studies or theology).
I. Exhibit a meaningful, growing and ongoing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
II. Model the biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
III. Set a Christ-like example in words and actions for both students and adults.
IV. Continue to grow spiritually and professionally through reading, listening to training resources, taking classes etc.