Overall Responsibility: The Revolution Groups/Discipleship Director will provide leadership, oversight, and coordination of Revolution Groups and Discipleship within their designated Hub and will also manage day-to-day affairs for the Hub
including all Revolution Groups related activities.
- Provide leadership to all Revolution Groups by reinforcing the mission statement of the church and the vision of the pastor. This would be done by cultivating and maintaining a shepherding relationship with leaders, coaches, and captains.
- Design, develop, implement, and regularly communicate the vision, mission, and strategy for Revolution Groups.
- Provide spiritual covering for Hub, including all leaders and group members.
- Lead efforts and build teams to recruit, train and release captains, coaches and Revolution Group leaders.
- Coordinate all efforts related to the annual Hub conference/event to insure success and promote Revolution Groups during the conference/event.
- Provide clear direction and empower leaders, coaches and captains within Hub to perform ministry through Revolution Groups.
- Serve as direct oversight for captains and remain in communication with them.
- Support the leadership base within the Hub by being available by phone, email or personal meeting to offer guidance, counsel and direction for area of ministry.
- Maintain the infrastructure within Hub. Regularly plan and facilitate meetings of captains (and coaches when possible) for the purpose of coaching, developing community and general communication. Oversee efforts for pre-semester, semester and post-semester
meetings and evaluations.
- Track and report defined statistics with efforts to monitor and manage the “health” of Hub- leadership base and group members by semester.
- Explore best practices and develop strategies for leader retention, leader recruitment and assimilation of those not yet involved in Revolution Groups.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Church wide strategy for the particular a Hub.
- Locate, identify and develop leadership material for distribution to leaders. Regularly communicate with Revolution Groups on all efforts, activities and status within Hub.
- Assist with pastoral care needs within Hub. Work with Revolution Groups ministry team on necessary pastoral care issues.
- Full time employee working 38-40 hours per week.
- Fulfill the requirements and faithfully perform the duties of “Revolution Groups Director” at RIO Revolution Church to the best your ability.
- Oversee all administrative functions for Revolution Groups.
- Participate in Revolution Group leadership trainings with follow-up interviews.
- Coordinate interview and approval process for all new leaders within Revolutoin Groups.
- Host a pre-launch captains/coaches meeting to review responsibilities, timeline/key dates and goals.
- Coordinate the pairing of coaches with leaders.
- Coordinate all necessary follow-up with any leader not approved or trained to lead.
- Ensure Revolution Group database is up to date with coach assignments.
Skills & Attributes:
- Christ-like, servant attitude.
- Passion for the Lord and people.
- Devoted to the call of God and to the vision of the pastor of RIO Revolution.
- Highly gifted at recruiting and placement of leadership.
- Operate with a spirit of excellence.
- Committed to the core values, purposes and the mission of RIO Revolution.
- Committed and personally vested in the well-being and success of Life Groups at RIO Revolution.
- Leader, team builder.
Experience Required / Physical Demands:
- Proficient in Excel and Word. Must be willing to learn new programs as needed.
- Leadership and administrative experience.
- Must be energetic and able to stand or sit for lengths of time, as needed.