To provide strategic leadership in all phases of Group Life discipleship, including group involvement and assimilation, recruitment, training, retention, and mentoring of group leaders, and mobilizing life groups to support the vision, values, and
mission of Friends Church.
- Some of the primary duties of the Group Life Director include:
- Oversee Groups Pastor and partner together in executing a church-wide Group Life strategic plan
- Assess and enhance the current Group Life strategic plan, reviewing and updating goals and objectives as necessary.
- Evaluate and provide course correction, as needed, toward the goal of 75% of church-wide attendance actively participating in a life group.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive development plan for life group leaders and coaches, including recruitment, training, and retention strategies that will provide vision, skills equipping, spiritual care, and leader appreciation.
- Recruit, train, and empower life group coaches to care for huddles of life group leaders.
- Champion the “Rooted” experience movement through church-wide promotion, leader recruitment and training, group placement, the celebration service, Rooted “rhythms,” and monitoring Rooted group to life group transition success.
- Participate with the Discipleship Team in researching best discipleship practices to design a church-wide “Discipleship Pathway” strategy with application to life groups.
- Partner with the Local Outreach Pastor in leading life groups to intentionally pursue and build relationships with people who are spiritually seeking.
- Partner with the Global Freedom Director to identify local and global missional opportunities for life groups.
- In cooperation with the Director of Ministries and the Director of Discipleship, supervise life group curriculum development, including sermon-based questions and other resource options such as Right Now Media.
- Evaluate and upgrade efficiencies of current new group member placement processes through the website and app tool, ensuring accurate group data by consistent auditing.
- Participate in external networks to stay current in group life trends and practices.
General Pastoral Duties:
- When commissioned or recorded, may conduct weddings, funerals, and baptisms.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteer leaders to carry out the ministry of the church.
- Attend staff meetings, retreats, and conferences; keep current in related fields.
- Partner with the Discipleship Director in performing other appropriate duties, as requested.
Spiritual: Must have a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for ministry. Must hold to the Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Ministry Strategy and Ministry Values of Friends Church, Yorba Linda.
Must set a high standard of personal conduct and lifestyle. It is required that all staff members are members of Friends Church, Yorba Linda.
Experience, Education, and Licensure: A masters degree in related field and a minimum five years experience in a related ministry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must become commissioned through
Evangelical Friends Church Southwest.