**IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY EMAILED US AND DID NOT RECIEVE A RESPONSE, THE EMAIL ADDRESS WAS INCORRECT. PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com.**
If you would like to apply for this position, please answer the questions at the bottom of this page, submit your resume, three references, and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering applying for the Associate Pastor of Connection Ministries position here at Marin Covenant Church. We are a growing church and looking to add to our pastoral staff.
The individual who takes this position will lead and support our efforts toward helping everyone at MCC find places for connection and care, which is how we believe people grow best. We are looking for someone who will shepherd existing connection opportunities,
but who will also be creative in discerning and strategizing the future of connecting people at MCC. This person will bring a pastoral—as well as an entrepreneurial—heart to join us in our vision to “engage with the spiritually hungry toward a life in Christ.”
It is our prayerful hope this person will be driven by an authentic passion to see people living, growing, and caring for one another in Jesus-centered community. Similarly, we long for this person to share our desire that no one who comes to MCC would ever
fall through the cracks.
Marin Covenant Church is fully committed to being a blessing to our local community, and to the world. We strive to welcome all people—regardless of background or starting point—as we explore, embrace, and embark on this life of faith. At MCC, you will find
people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We come from all over the generational, political, socio-economical spectrum, and have found a common desire to move toward a life in Christ that is inspired, intelligent, and involved.
We are committed to:
- Knowing and loving Jesus with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- Making space for anyone—from any background—to come and investigate who Jesus is and the life He invites us to experience.
- Creating an environment where all spiritually hungry people can explore, wrestle, and come to faith in Jesus.
- Being a blessing to our community, and to the world.
To find out more about Marin Covenant Church, visit our website at marincovenant.org.
Please also see the job description attached. If you would like to apply for this position, please answer the questions at the bottom of this page, submit your resume, three references, and any supporting documents to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Lead Pastor – Spiritual Formation
Associate Pastor of Connection Ministries
Marin Covenant Church is fully committed to being a blessing to our local community in Marin County, and to the world. We exist to engage with the spiritually hungry toward a life in Christ that is inspired, intelligent, and involved.
MCC is looking for an Associate Pastor of Connection Ministries to give pastoral leadership to our ministry objective: helping people find places of connection and care, which is how we believe people grow best. Reporting to the Lead Pastor for Spiritual
Formation, this position will innovate, develop, and oversee a wide variety of small groups and connectional opportunities.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Equipping and developing Small Group and Connectional ministries.
- Shepherding, supporting, and encouragement of existing small groups.
- Developing new on-ramps for connection, including discerning unmet needs in specific populations in our church.
- Provide ongoing training and support for small group ministry leaders.
- Effectively “market” connectional opportunities.
- Coordinating Sunday morning visitor follow up.
- Coordinating MCC membership process.
- Additional responsibilities.
- Preaching or teaching as assigned by the Lead Pastor Team.
- Sharing in pastoral care and visitation ministry.
- Participating in church-wide events.
- Participation in ongoing personal growth and development.
- Minister in good standing with the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- Annual Continuing Education experiences.
- Receive Spiritual Direction.
- A genuine love for connecting believers in community that comes from an authentic relationship with Christ.
- 3 years’ pastoral experience on staff at a local church ministry, or the equivalent.
- M.Div or M.A. from Theological Seminary preferred.
- Licensed or Ordained in the Evangelical Covenant Church, or willingness to be.
- Experienced and gifted in leading small groups.
- Experienced and gifted in teaching.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses the vision and skills to utilize technology, social media, and other non-traditional means of connecting people in the Body of Christ.
- What would other pastors, friends, or church members say when asked about your giftings and heart for the Body of Christ?
- Describe an experience from your ministry in the past month that really made your heart beat. Tell us why you loved that moment so much.
- What do you see as the main obstacles to connecting and discipling people nowadays?
- What are some ways you have seen or can imagine for connecting and discipling effectively?