Please note, you must visit https://www.calvaryftl.org/Jobs to officially apply for this position.
The focus of the Middle School Youth Pastor is to lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus. This candidate will cast a vision that will create an environment where students will be challenged to grow in their desire for Christ above all and in
their knowledge of the Bible and what it says about how God wants us to live. He will equip students with practical skills to carry out God’s command for us to love Him and to love people. He is able to organize, prioritize, problem solve, and effectively
interact with middle school and high school staff, other ministry staff, and members of the church body.
The Middle School Youth Pastor is responsible to oversee all areas and aspects of the Middle school Ministry. The candidate will oversee all areas and aspects of Middle School Ministry; church services, volunteers, discipleship, small groups, outreach and
Parent involvement. This candidate will come along side our youth ministry to form discipleship relationships that will help the students and parents establish and maintain a deep intimate relationship with Christ. This person is able to organize, prioritize,
problem solve, and effectively interact with Youth Ministry team, staff, and members of the church body.
- Responsible of oversight of how we lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus
- Be an advocate for youth and be a voice to our congregation to engage and encourage relationships with our youth.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of church services, volunteers, discipleship, small groups, outreach and Parent involvement.
- Support and guide the work of the Lead Pastor and the Director of Family Ministry evaluating the vision and goals of the youth ministry and directing all planning and execution of vision.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills to pour into the next generation.
- Be aware of and able to implement resources for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
- Responsible for all aspects of Middle School church services, including planning and executing biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for youth and occasionally to adults. Creating an experience for students to want to return
and dig deeper with their relationship with Jesus.
- Developing a discipleship program for the youth that is fun, engaging and relevant to today’s youth while building community and infrastructure teaching and equipping them how to dig deeper into God’s Word.
- Recruit, develop and deploy: leadership teams, volunteers, small group leaders, and a discipleship process for youth ministry.
- Administrate and delegate necessary functions for the overall success of a youth ministry
- Help to build a successful pipeline between children’s ministry, youth ministry and young adult ministry
- Coordinate with the pastoral team and directors for youth involvement in church ministries. This is inclusive of Outreaches with the larger church body and also outreaches relevant to the Youth and their families. Finding a way to bridge the gap of outreach
with the volunteers.
- Work well with parents in the process of building the youth ministry and having the parents be an active integral part of what happens at the ministry.
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
The Middle School Youth Pastor reports directly to the Director of Family Ministry.
- Strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Strong commitment to the Philosophy and Statement of Faith of Calvary Chapel.
- Excellent organizational skills with an appreciation for details.
- Proficient in Microsoft software: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Gift of administration.
- Has demonstrated ability to work in multi-ethnic settings
- Has a heart to see middle school students grow spiritually, emotionally, and physically
- Connects well with students
- Is self-motivated, a visionary, and goals oriented
- Is firmly committed to building a biblical community through shared life experiences with students
- Has strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to rightly divide God’s word
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relating effectively with staff members, leadership, volunteers, church body and members of the community.
- Excellent planning and follow through ability.
- Ability to be flexible and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to complete projects on time and follow-through efficiently.
- Demonstrates spiritual and emotional maturity.
- Ability to maintain and display compassion and firmness when Pastoring to the special needs of the church body.
- Manages people well and has good leadership qualities of overseeing volunteers.
- Remains calm and level headed when faced with pressing needs or injury in Family ministry or at an event.
- Ability to relate to both parents and children dependent on specific situation.
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit are evident and flowing daily. Maintain a teachable spirit and a flexible profile when needed.
- Keeps confidential matters confidential.
- May sit for a prolong period of time in front of a computer
- Is occasionally required to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 25 pounds
- This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisors
- Interpersonal Skills and communication
- Functional Expertise
- Personal Effectiveness