PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://vsearch.ws/2Cpz3xO
About the Organization:
In the words of Mother Teresa, "We want to love Jesus like he has never been loved before." That is why it is the mission of WoodsEdge Community Church to Love Jesus, Journey Together and Bring Hope to the World.
Founded 24 years ago as a seeker church modeled after Willowcreek, WoodsEdge Community Church has grown much over the years, but has still retained their original heart for the church – desires to be a diverse, welcoming place of worship and teaching, where
honesty, humility and authenticity are highly valued and lived out by the staff of the church.
Missions and prayer are two of WoodsEdge Community Church’s biggest focuses. In 2002, the church began an initiative to emphasize a stronger spirit of prayer in WoodsEdge and now it is their biggest value. In addition to a deep foundation of prayer within
the church, WoodsEdge also supports 60 missional organizations in addition to missionaries. It is evident, from the first moment someone steps inside their doors, that they are a church that deeply desires to help people love Jesus like He’s never been loved
before, and equip them with prayer and opportunities to give and serve to live that out in their everyday lives.
Location: Spring / The Woodlands, TX
About the Position:
The Communications Director is responsible for coordinating communication between WoodsEdge Community Church and the community and membership of the church, as well as leveraging and overseeing digital technology to advance the mission, vision, and key objectives
of the church.
The Communications Director will also manage the development of the church’s online presence and work with ministry leaders to identify innovative ways to reach others through technology and communication. They will develop and manage the church’s communication
and technology/ application structure. They will lead a team of staff and volunteers by casting vision for the future, dreaming big, and crafting a comprehensive communications strategy that will take the church communications to the next level.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Communication Director:
A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or a related field is required.
- Strong leadership abilities to include coaching, direction, career development, influence and strategic development. Someone who is well rounded skills-wise and can speak into each role on the team would be a great fit.
- This person should have a strong commitment to personal time with God every day, and be committed to ongoing spiritual, personal, and professional growth.
- They will have a passion for the accomplishment of WoodsEdge’s mission and vision, and a chemistry that “fits” with WoodsEdge.
- Strategic perspective on the use of technology to expand the Kingdom.
- Strong understanding of information technology is helpful.
- Interpersonal skills that enables effective collaboration with other ministry leaders and staff.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A primary bend towards people, and a secondary bend towards systems will work great in this role.
- A good sense of humor and someone who is able to laugh at themselves is a must.
- Someone who can navigate conflict well but doesn’t seek it out is an ideal personality for this role.
- Someone who is an innovator/dreamer.
- Emotional intelligence and humility are essential.
- Someone with experience leading a team and who operates with a collaborative leadership style. The ideal candidate for this role will be comfortable saying no, but will still be approachable and easy to talk to. With this, they might also love coffee and
collaborating and meeting over a cup of coffee!
- A graphics background and creative team leadership experience and skills is a plus. Someone who is a learner would be ideal in this role.
- Someone who maximizes the potential of those around them and inspires others. The Communications Director will actively seek to develop people.
- High capacity worker who empowers their team, not controls or micromanages.
- Someone who is fun and likes to have fun with the team. An extroverted personality will work great in this work environment.
About the Location:
Spring, TX is a suburb north of Houston, TX, and is tucked between the big city skylines of Houston and the vast farmland and countryside of Huntsville and beyond towards Dallas. It is a historical city, beginning as a trading post at Spring Creek in the
mid 1800s with a couple hundred residents. Many German immigrants came to the area and used the abundant land as profitable farmland. Today, Spring is home to about 54,000 residents and is a popular area for young families to move to because of its proximity
to excellent school systems, higher educational opportunities, and short commute to nearby headquarters of major oil and gas and engineering companies in the Woodlands and Houston proper.
Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States and the largest city in Texas. It is home to the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest concentration of healthcare, research institutions and NASA’s Johnson Space Center where Mission Control
Spring was named #14 of the 20 most affordable locations to live in the United States in 2008 by CNN Money. Residents of this area love Spring and Klein, a nearby community, for its entertainment, shopping opportunities, culture, dining and proximity to
the city. It is the best of both worlds – at just under 40 minutes-drive into the city of Houston, it is a quieter reprieve from the hustle and bustle of Houston but still offers the quality of life that Houston is known for.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> http://vsearch.ws/2Cpz3xO