Overview: Christian spiritual leader for a United Methodist church plant in its fourth year (in rented space on Sunday mornings), responsible for directing and organizing all aspects of music and a/v for worship, and active participant for all aspects of
building this young inclusive congregation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
· Commitment to living a Christ-centered life, understanding oneself as a spiritual leader and representing Hope Church in the community.
· Creatively design worship with the Lead Pastor.
· Support the overall ministry, promoting health of the staff and church.
· Lead a worship band through continual recruitment, on-boarding, and communication with volunteer worship team members. This will require creativity, collaboration, and flexibility with a volunteer team.
· Lead weekly rehearsals.
· Work with the A/V Coordinator to recruit, organize, and communicate with A/V team.
· Strive for a high degree of excellence for the best possible worship experience, while valuing collaborative creativity and authenticity.
· Beyond worship responsibilities, serve as an active leader in building our new congregation.
· Contribute to fun and enjoyable working environment.
Education/Experience, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience and/or familiarity with contemporary music, relevant to our demographic
· Experience or skill in organizing a worship band, ability to play a lead instrument is helpful
· Public speaking/stage presence
· Working knowledge (or willingness to learn) of: Song Select, ProPresenter, Elexio, Dropbox and Planning Center Online
· Ability to follow-through in a timely manner
· Ability to communicate effectively with staff and volunteer teams
· Ability to adapt, especially in the context of temporary worship spaces
· Ability to function with grace and positivity in stressful situations
· Ability to organize