Purpose of Position
1) To lead junior and senior high students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by developing ministries of discipleship, outreach, and leadership development.
2) To provide and organize creative and participatory worship experiences in order to help others connect more meaningfully with God and each other.
Salary & Time
The Director of Worship & Youth Ministries is a full-time, salaried position. In addition to a competitive salary, the Director will receive a matching retirement contribution, as well as the opportunity for medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
- Provide vision and leadership to the junior and senior high student ministry, including students, families, and volunteers
- Develop processes: a) to reach unchurched and under-churched students, b) to lead students into a saving relationship with God through Jesus, c) of student discipleship and growth, d) for student-led ministries, and e) to assimilate students into the larger
worshiping community of First UMC of Ravenna
- Recruit, train, and empower adult volunteers
- Work with Senior Pastor and staff to accomplish the vision and goals of the larger worshiping community
- Work with Director of Children’s Ministry to assimilate pre-youth into the youth ministry
- Be present where the students are (schools, sporting events, musicals/plays, church events etc.)
Worship Ministry Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to ministry teams and volunteers in the area of worship
- Work with Senior Pastor to understand and accomplish the mission and goals of the larger worshiping community
- Encourage the worship ministry leaders in their call and passion for ministry
- Communicate with the office staff to ensure proper and quality promotion of worship events
- Work with the Senior Pastor and team leaders to set the annual worship budget
- Oversee the praise team and A/V team
Other Expectations & Responsibilities
- Has been convicted by the Holy Spirit into a saving-relationship with God through Jesus Christ and seeks to grow and mature in that relationship
- Work well with others in a team setting
- Attend required staff meetings and gatherings
- Attend Sunday morning worship at First UMC
- Give Child Protection Training to volunteers.
- Abide by all child protection policies.
- Participate in regular performance evaluations
- Be privately and publicly loyal to Christ, the church, and the staff members at First UMC.
- Teacher – ability to teach Scripture and biblical principles in a way that is relevant and meaningful
- Leader – ability to a) Cast & implement vision, b) Set & achieve goals, c) Create & stick to ministry values, d) Develop leaders, and e) Think in systems
- Administrator – ability to manage & organize information, and communicate it clearly to others
- Connecter – ability to attract, connect to, and develop trust with students, parents, volunteers, and other staff.