The Associate Pastor shall:
1. Support the Senior Pastor in general church leadership and pastoral care
2. Specific areas of ministry leadership will be with young adults, youth, and outreach
The successful candidate shall:
1. The Associate Pastor should hold, at minimum, the Master of Divinity degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited seminary; or should be in process of attaining said degree.
2. The Associate Pastor will be in process toward ordination if not already ordained at the outset of employment with the church.
3. The Associate Pastor must believe and embrace SBC theology and traditions.
4. The Associate Pastor should relate well to all age groups, but be especially gifted in working with young adults and youth.
5. The Associate Pastor should be professional in appearance and demeanor, punctual, courteous, self-motivated, and trustworthy.
6. The Associate Pastor should possess good communication skills, including the ability to speak and write in an effective manner.
7. The Associate Pastor shall not have been convicted of a felony, and must meet state requirements for background checks.
The Associate Pastor will lead the young adult, youth ministry and outreach program of the church by fulfilling the following responsibilities.
1. The Associate Pastor will plan, organize and implement a sustainable young adult and youth program utilizing open communication and organizational skills. The program will focus on educational and spiritual formational activities for young adult/college
age, youth grades 6-12, and outreach opportunities.
2. The Associate investigate and purse Outreach opportunities to assist in church growth and community involvement to reach the local community for Christ.
3. The Associate Pastor will lead, or provide leadership in focus activities including: Sunday school, Sunday night sessions, special studies, outings and mission trips.
4. The Associate Pastor will integrate young adult and youth activities into the larger life of the church in such a way as to foster intergenerational relationships and to provide support to other church activities.
5. The Associate Pastor will develop relationships at both a one-to-one level and at a group level.
6. The Associate Pastor will share in worship leadership as gifts, interests and needs allow, under the direction of the pastor.
7. The Associate Pastor will provide pastoral care support including hospital and home visits, phone calls, counseling, and other means of member support in consultation with the pastor and as time allows.
8. The Associate Pastor will assume primary leadership responsibility when the pastor is away on vacation or as the result of other absences.