The Student Pastor at Summit Park Church will direct and lead all Student ministries from grades 6-12 either by direct involvement or by support and direction of volunteer leaders in a way that will stimulate and encourage numerical and spiritual growth.
This position requires the ability to relate well with students through one on one conversation as well as speaking from the platform.
- Schedule and plan all ministry events for students including life groups, One nights, serving opportunities, summer camp, and any other events at least 6 months in advance.
- Create the curriculum and structure of student life groups
- Identify, Develop, train, and resource student life group leaders regularly
- Communicate with parents to build trust and buy-in so that they will support the student ministry and its purpose
- Plan strategically for growth numerically and spiritually
- Develop and train Leaders and teams of volunteers that will help build the student ministry
- Foster and encourage the engagement of students in the weekend services through serving and attending regularly
- Oversee and create all communications through student’s social media accounts
- Oversee and manage the students budget
- Plan and deliver effective messages for one night events
- When called upon, willingly perform such tasks which might not be considered part of the normal position description.
- Be committed to and uphold the vision and Values of Summit Park Church
- Represent a growing personal relationship with Christ
- Participate in a life group on a regular basis
- Set appropriate boundaries in life and ministry to protect his or her character and integrity
- Faithfully give to the ministry of Summit Park Church 10% of your gross income
- Look for opportunities to reach those who are far from God