Church on the Rock of Chautauqua County is a growing church of about 350 regular attenders who meet in a local theater complex each Sunday morning.
We are one team with one mission: seeing every person believing in Jesus, belonging in God's family, becoming a disciple of Jesus, and building God's Kingdom. We’re all working together to accomplish this mission.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To ignite a desire in our children for a genuine relationship with Christ, and to equip them with a basic understanding of Christian principles & beliefs.
- Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children.
- Promote Scripture memorization, prayer, and personal Bible reading.
- Provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to the church’s mission.
- To ensure the effective use of Bible-based curriculum that encourages a biblically-based lifestyle among the children.
- This is a part-time salaried position that requires 25 hours a week, including 4 hours on Sunday morning.
- A fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Is actively attending (and ideally, serving in) a church.
- Possesses a desire to teach and mentor children with patience and an accepting heart.
- Has experience working with groups of children, or is currently active in, or leading, a children’s ministry.
- Preferably has an educational background in Christian Ministries, Elementary Education, or a related field (but not required).
- Has the spiritual gifts and/or abilities of leadership, teaching, and administration.
- Has a working knowledge of Widows/Mac operating systems and programs, or experience in general word processing and/or spreadsheets.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- The Children’s Ministry Director works directly under the supervision of the Senior Pastor. Performance reviews will be completed annually.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB DUTIES:
- Responsibility for the oversight and leadership of the Kids on the Rock Ministry that includes Nursery (infant - 2 y.o.), Preschool (2-4 y.o.), Kids on the Rock (Kinder-3rd grade), and Tweenagers (4-6 grade).
- Schedule & coordinate placement of volunteer leaders and communicate with leaders as needed.
- Plan & oversee special events, Vacation Bible School, and kids outreach events.
- Recruit, train, pray for, and integrate new children’s ministry and special event volunteers.
- Obtain, edit, and distribute curriculum/craft/supplies for volunteers
- Participate in teaching Bible-based curriculum that is interactive and age-appropriate.
- Work with COTR Staff and Board to create and effectively manage the KOTR budget.
- Plan and support Children’s ministry special events including marketing efforts - website, social media, print materials, emails, etc.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership in their home.
- Communicate children’s ministry activities to the church through periodic emails, reports & newsletters.
- Ensure all volunteers complete the online background check prior to serving.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
• Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, be willing and able to work within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
• Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
• Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
• Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
• Endorse and support COTR’s mission, vision, and ministries.
• Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and community service.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education.
- Resumes, along with a cover letter, are to be submitted to the Staff Hire Committee.
- Mail: Church on the Rock, Attn: Staff Hire Committee, 567 Fairmount Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701.
- Email: email@example.com and put “Staff Hire Committee” in the subject line.
- Please include a cover letter with your resume.
- We will need at least 3 references, none of which can be a family member. We would prefer a personal, professional, and a ministry reference.
- No phone calls please.
- Within 10 days of receiving a resume:
- A response will be sent via email to each applicant who doesn’t fit the job opportunity profile.
- A phone call will be made to those applicants who do fit the job opportunity profile to schedule an initial interview.