Collierville Bible Church
Worship Leader Job Description
Collierville Bible Church is accepting resumes for a part-time Worship Leader. We are looking for someone who loves people and desires to make an influential impact on the worship of the people of Collierville Bible Church. This position reports directly
to the Lead Pastor and is accountable to the Pastors/Elders.
Collierville Bible Church (CBC) is a warm, friendly body of believers that love each other and have genuine humility in their interpersonal relationships. CBC is a non-denominational, gospel-centered and theologically robust church whose purpose is to “Glorify
God through Gospel Centered Disciple-Making.”
Worship attendance is about 100 people. The worship style is generally contemporary with a full worship band including drums, bass, acoustic guitar and keyboard plus other instruments as personnel are available. However, we appreciate a variety of worship
styles and incorporate other styles from time to time.
The worship leader will provide leadership in the areas listed below and in harmony with the lead pastor, elders, and congregation to accomplish the purpose of the church.
- Commitment to Christ and to personal spiritual growth through regular time in prayer and the Word.
- Comfortable in front of a church body and able to inspire them to sing in worship to King Jesus.
- Able to facilitate and lead a group of volunteer musicians and singers.
- Able to lead with guitar or keyboard, especially when volunteers on lead instruments are not available.
- Have a basic understanding of music theory and the ability to apply that in a volunteer band setting.
- Actively engage with other members of the congregation outside of worship services.
- Participate in the discipleship process of CBC, including life group or other discipleship groups.
- Lead worship at Sunday worship service, midweek youth service, retreats, and special occasions.
- Schedule and coordinate replacements during times of absence with as much lead time as possible.
- Work with the Lead Pastor, preferably with weekly face to face meetings, to formulate worship service order for upcoming weeks.
- Coordinate volunteer schedule for musicians, singers and audio/video volunteers for weekend worship services and special occasions. Note: CBC currently uses Planning Center, an online tool, to manage the volunteer schedule and the music and worship service
- Help Life Group leadership with access and ideas for worship singing in their groups.
- Regularly research new music to incorporate into the worship repertoire that is theologically sound, musically accessible to congregational singing and soul-stirring for the body.
- Facilitate weekly practice that includes a modest devotional/worship time with the team in order to properly prepare for the weekend worship service or special occasion.
Team Building and Management
- Actively recruit new worship team members based on the gifts and availability of the church body.
- Rotate worship team members on a consistent basis as talent and availability permits.
- Develop relationships with the worship team through times of fellowship and an (optional) annual worship team retreat.
- Investigate and utilize the gifts of church members through instrumental or vocal solos.
- Manage the Worship budget for supplies related to the worship ministry and related expenses such as new music and equipment.
- Plan the Worship budget for each budget year in coordination with the Treasurer.
There are no required office hours. Except when the job description calls for personal availability, such as practices, meetings, etc., most tasks can be completed with only a phone and computer with a flexible schedule.
This is a paid part-time position with the hope that as the church grows and gains financial health, it can turn into a full-time position, if desired. The long-term hope is that this position could transition from Worship Leader to Worship Pastor with
a stronger influence and impact from an overall church leadership perspective should the person be qualified as a Pastor according to 1 Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
Position Process and Application:
To apply, please send a resume with part-time salary expectations along with any audio/video recordings (attachments or links) of you leading worship music to email@example.com Audio/video recordings are preferred, but not required.
Once we receive a resume, we will follow the steps below. After each step, you will be informed whether or not you will continue in the process. Please allow time for consideration after each step.
- Acknowledgment of resume received
- A phone interview with Lead Pastor
- A face-to-face interview with a 3-person search team
- Invitation to practice with and be a part of worship team for Weekend Worship Service.
- Invitation to practice with and lead worship team for Weekend Worship Service.
- Face-to-face interview with Pastor/Elders
- Official job offer