Ministry Title: Connections Director
Reports To: Executive Pastor
The Connections Director is responsible for insuring that people who come to Stones Crossing Church have the opportunity to belong to each other in the Body of Christ through membership and genuine community. Along with “becoming like Christ”
and “living beyond ourselves to serve others and share our faith”, “belonging” is a significant part of the Stones vision. The person in this role will be charged with leading connections teams, implementing a connections strategy and implementing an assimilation
strategy. The Connections Director will be the advocate for people to get connected with others at Stones.
- The Connections Director will lead several Sunday morning teams that are focused on creating a connecting culture. These teams include greeters, children’s check-in, ushers, café’ and campus guides. The main activities here are recruiting, training, scheduling
and encouraging all team members of the various teams.
- The Connections Director will develop and implement a connections strategy that will give people the opportunity to connect relationally with others at Stones. This will be done through various affinity groups including men, women, young adults, families
and senior adults. The main activities would be recruiting and training volunteer leaders for each affinity group and developing and implementing an event-driven approach that allow people of Stones to invite their friends, meet new people and develop relational
- The Connections Director will develop and implement an assimilation strategy that will guide a person along our next steps pathway from being a first time guest to becoming a fully engaged member of Stones. The main activities will be tracking and following
up with first- and second-time guests, creating on-ramps to take next steps, following up with absentee members and creating and tracking metrics that will measure the assimilation system.
- The Connections Director will collaborate and work closely with the Discipleship Pastor and the Missions Pastor. These three positions collectively represent the vision of Stones and therefore, should be aligned and complementary of the others. The Connections
Director should be aware of the Become and Beyond ministries and strive to bolster the overall vision of Stones
- If the person in the Connections Director is an ordained pastor, he should be prepared to perform regular pastoral duties including: baptisms, communion, weddings, funerals, teaching, administration, pastoral care and conducting regular worship services
- The Connections Director should cooperate with the Executive Pastor by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
The following goals will measure the success of the person filling the Connections
- Fully staffed and trained Sunday morning Connections teams.
- Clear tracking of first- and second-time guests and absentee members.
- 20% of first-time guests return.
- Clear and effective strategy for assimilation.
- Feedback from first-time guests.
- Clear and effective strategy for developing relational connections.