Antioch is seeking a full-time Connections Pastor whose primary responsibilities will be to oversee our Life Groups, Electives, and Student Ministries.
The person who fills this position must meet the qualifications of an Overseer and Deacon as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:6-9. We are a younger staff and enjoy making Antioch a great place to work and minister, so the qualified candidate also
needs to be able to have fun!
About Our Church:
Antioch Church is a Contemporary, Bible-Believing, Nondenominational church, which exists to reach people from all walks of life and backgrounds for Jesus Christ. Our mission is to Reach Up, Reach In, and Reach Out. We encounter God’s presence as we passionately
pursue Him in Worship; We grow and encourage one another as we intentionally seek Him together; We partner with one another as we share the Love of Jesus Christ.
We are a loving, redemptive community that proclaims the Word of God without apology, lifts high the name of Jesus through worship, believes in the power of prayer and shares the good news of Jesus with boldness. We place a high value on discipleship, which
primarily takes place through Life Groups and Electives that meet throughout the week.
For more information about Antioch Church, please visit www.AntiochChristian.org.
- Lead the Student Ministries for ages 6th – 12th Grade on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings.
- Recruit, Train and Equip new volunteers for the Student Ministry.
- Along with the church leadership, develop an annual budget for the Student Ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Develop a Teaching Calendar for the students that faithfully teaches God’s Word and takes into consideration the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the students in our community.
- Work with the Parents of students to facilitate personal family ministry.
- Organize and oversee monthly activities for the Student Ministry.
- Oversee all Summer Camp activities in which the students participate.
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for the students in the broader church family.
- Review and select Biblical Curriculum to be used by the Student Ministry and ensure they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
- Care for and Oversee the church’s Life Group Ministry and Electives.
- Develop and maintain a system of support for Life Group and Elective Leaders and Co-Leaders.
- Recruit, Train and Equip Life Group and Elective Leaders and Co-Leaders.
- Create a strategy for involving more of the congregation in Life Groups and Electives.
- Regularly report to the Senior Pastor and Elder/Deacon Board on the health, growth, and development of all ministries overseen.
- Review Life Group and Elective curriculum to ensure that it is Biblically sound.
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in Adult Worship services when asked.
- Actively engage in all Staff Meetings and Retreats.
- Actively engage in Antioch Activities and Events.
- Actively engage in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, hospital visits, etc.).
- Actively engage in follow-up with Antioch families and guests.
- Facilitate New Members class when needed.
- A call from God to Pastoral Ministry.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A Lifestyle that meets the qualifications of an Overseer and Deacon as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A Teachable Spirit, Faith, and Character.
- A desire to Teach and Mentor students in Biblical truth.
- Ability to Delegate, Motivate and Influence People.
- Exhibits servant leadership and support the vision, mission, and purpose of Antioch.
- Upbeat, positive outlook and demeanor.
- A Self-Starter that will work independently.
- Team Player that will work well with others.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Additional Experience Desired:
- Knowledge of Planning Center’s Suite of Online Apps.
- A personal history of Life Group involvement.
- Clear Communicator from the Stage.
- Preaching Experience is a plus.
To apply email email@example.com:
Please include your Resume, a brief Cover Letter about you and/or family as well as your calling to ministry. Please submit links to a short video of you introducing yourself and any preaching videos, if available.