Minimum Job Requirements:
- Born again, mature Christian with an affinity for the mission and work of Cadence International.
- Because of the distinctly Christian emphasis of Cadence’s mission work, willing to sign and comply with Cadence International’s Code of Christian Conduct.
- 30 hours Bible/Ministry training.
- Demonstrated spiritual, emotional, marital (if applicable) and financial health.
- Masters of Divinity or education beyond Bachelor’s degree: preferably ministry focused.
- Experience working with adult ministries in a hospitality/retreat setting
- Previous experience preparing and delivering sermons or group discussions
- A variety of craftsman skills is useful
Competencies for Success:
Strength in the following competencies are preferred for field missionaries:
- Able to spiritually self-feed.
- Teachability – willing to submit to authority.
- Communication skills, including conflict resolution.
- Team Skills – able to partner with others to do ministry, within Cadence and without.
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills.
- Adaptability – to culture, change and tempo.
- Servant leadership based in humility.
- Willingness to embrace and develop a ministry that reflects the Cadence Ministry Frame.
- Heart for reaching military and the world reflected through personal serving of others and sharing of resources.
- Able to develop and teach Bible studies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Cadence International is an evangelical mission agency dedicated to reaching the military communities of the United States and of the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, climb stairs, talk, listen and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Important Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities,duties and skills required of personnel
in the classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans):
Cadence is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The organization prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, national origin or disability in accordance with applicable
legal requirements. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment because of an individuals membership in any of these protected classes.
Because it is a religious organization, Cadence is permitted by law to use its religious doctrines and practices as a basis for hiring and other employment decisions with all employees. In addition, employees having ministerial functions, including missionaries
and employees in leadership roles, may be subject to special requirements or qualifications based upon religious principles.
If you would like to review our Veteran and Disabled policies, please contact Human Resources at 303-762-1400 during normal business hours.
Cadence International will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless
the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.