Position Title: Pastor/Director of Stewardship (Full-Time Exempt)
(Final title will be determined based on the qualifications of the successful applicant)
In close collaboration with the Senior Pastor, The Pastor/Director of Stewardship will advance the mission of Grace Chapel by casting vision, providing leadership and developing resources in support of the historic call of God’s people to be good stewards
of all the gifts He gives us. We believe the rapidly changing times, financial realities and generational demographics call for the Church today to provide more intentional pastoral leadership in the area of stewardship – helping us all best use our time,
talent, and treasure to serve God’s Kingdom in this world.
This individual will develop and lead a team of committed and passionate volunteers who can teach and model the life of good stewards. The Pastor/Director of Stewardship will minister to those in financial hardship and to those in abundance and everyone
in between. This individual is also the chief fundraising strategist for the church, working with the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor and pastoral staff to provide vision, leadership, direction, and coordination for all stewardship and fundraising initiatives.
The fundraising efforts will include those for annual ministry budgets, capital campaigns, special fundraising initiatives, and special legacy gifts.
- Passion: A passion for the local church in general and for the ministry of Grace Chapel in particular
- Relationship Building: Proven track record of successful relationship building with a diverse array of church members and financial partners. Proven ability to collaborate and foster a team environment.
- Communication and Interpersonal Effectiveness: Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal communication allowing information to flow freely and smoothly in order to perform job responsibilities in a timely fashion.
Must also be comfortable with and able to make comfortable presentations to individuals with high capacity.
- Character: Must display highest ethical standards with internal and external constituents, and lead this function in a way consistent with ECFA (The Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability) standards to ensure donor confidentiality
- Analytical Skills: Ability to interpret and evaluate data in order to make data driven decisions for stewardship and fundraising initiatives in the church.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant discipline required.
- Five plus years of experience in a leadership role in fundraising preferred.
- Demonstrated management skills, preferably in a church or non-profit organization.
- Computer skills required; experience with fundraising software is highly desired.
Key Working Relationships and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Grace Chapel Executive Pastor
- Works in close collaboration with the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor, Controller and pastoral staff as it relates to the congregation’s stewardship of time, talent and treasure.
- Strategically plans and implements opportunities to embed the principles of biblical stewardship into the lives of all Grace Chapel members and attendees.
- Collaborates with Board of Elders and senior staff leaders to establish fundraising goals and leads operational and capital campaigns.
- Supports and resources the pastors and staff who lead the organized volunteer efforts of the church.
- Plays a strong role in leadership development in the church with an emphasis on identifying those within the congregation who place a high value on stewardship and generosity.
- Recruits and oversees a team of volunteers committed to stewardship training and plans, promotes and coordinates church-wide stewardship efforts.
- Serves as a confidential resource and coach for church members who desire support.
- Encourages and inspires current and potential contributors at all levels always remembering that this is about ministry first and not just money.
- Meets with significant church partners on a regular basis to thank and care for them. Builds a network of like-minded, significantly committed partners.
- Provides support to the Senior Pastor as he cares for and engages with our committed partners.
- Provides opportunities through workshops and “one on one” conversations with individuals in the congregation to facilitate legacy gifts designated for Grace Chapel.
If after prayerful consideration you would like to be considered for this position, then we invite you to join in the application process. Please submit your current resume with a cover letter briefly describing your faith background and the reason for your
interest in this position. These items should be submitted in electronic format only to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your submission.
About Grace Chapel:
Grace Chapel is a non-denominational, multicultural church that welcomes everyone, no matter what your faith background or where you are on your spiritual journey. We believe that life with God doesn't just make our lives better; it makes us better for the
world around us. We began in 1948, when a few families in Lexington, Massachusetts started weekly gatherings in their home for a time of worship, Bible study, and prayer. Since incorporating in 1956, we've grown from a few dozen people in a rented space in
Lexington to 4,000 people coming together for Sunday services and midweek programs across five campuses: Lexington, Wilmington, Watertown, East Lexington, and Foxboro.
There are two scripture passages that have guided Grace Chapel for decades. First, we believe deeply that the work of the church is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-12). We all have gifts
God has given us which must be stewarded well in order to achieve His purpose. Second, God has blessed Grace Chapel so richly over these decades. Our Elder Board often quotes Luke 12:48 “…When someone has been given much, much will be required in return.
We take seriously our future responsibility to ensure that we’ll be able to achieve God’s Kingdom purposes for Grace Chapel for decades to come. Our Pastor/Director of Stewardship will play an important part role in our achieving both of these holy calls
on our church.