The Refuge Church is seeking an individual called by God and gifted with a heart and passion to minister to youth and the enthusiasm to lead and oversee corporate worship.
The Refuge Church located in Fredericksburg, Virginia is a non-denominational, elder-led, doctrinally unaffiliated, Bible-believing church. Sunday services average 120 in attendance. Currently, we are a mobile church gathering in a school gymnasium with
full ownership of a 20,000 square foot building site with plans to build within 1-2 years.
The Ministry Vision – Bringing God’s hope to all
Ministry Mission – Helping People
authentically Know Jesus as we
Ministry Strategy –
Gather, Grow, and Go!
- To equip the students by teaching from a Biblical context in an engaging, creative, and relevant manner.
- To minister to middle and high school students on both individual and group levels.
- To recruit and train volunteers to assist in reaching and discipling students.
- To work closely with the Lead Pastor to develop creative themes that support the sermon series.
- To communicate clearly and timely with students, staff, leaders, parents, volunteers and musicians.
- To lead corporate worship.
- To oversee technical ministries including online presence, sound, lighting, media and broadcast for both the youth and corporate worship.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Be high-energy, passionate about ministry, have a strong gospel orientation, be creatively minded, and looking to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate an ability working with youth from all walks of life and social backgrounds.
- Must have previously held a leadership role in a church’s youth ministry.
- Must have previous experience leading worship in a church’s primary service.
- Bible college or seminary graduate preferred but not required.
After exploring our website refugeva.org and exploring
Fredericksburg.com and with prayerful consideration, please submit your resume to
Submit a cover letter along with a profile picture and/or family picture with your resume.