The Worship Pastor is responsible for the worship team and worship ministry of our church. The role is both a spiritual leadership role as well as a practical leadership role involving the development of the team and weekend worship experiences. A high value
is placed on God’s presence over production.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Understands and supports the vision of Liberty Church to teach, train and develop people.
- Active member in church and church activities. Passion for ministry to people of all ages.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of Liberty Church.
- Proven expertise in administration.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Participation in church wide activities/events
WORSHIP PASTOR ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To provide leadership to the Worship team (inclusive of the tech team):
- Helps to develop and implement the vision for worship in collaboration with the Campus Leadership Team.
- Provides strategic leadership and planning initiatives for core worship team members.
- Sets direction and trains volunteers.
- Offers pastoral care and encouragement of volunteers.
- Develops processes necessary for effective team involvement).
- Responsible for maintaining department budget and its financial oversight.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of songs.
- Develop communication plans to keep staff and volunteers informed.
- Manage communications between ministries that interact with worship.
- Oversee and implement all programming for Sunday Service.
- Attend church wide activities, worship services, and staff meetings.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Ability to play musical instrument, knowledge or willingness to learn Ableton Software, knowledge or willingness to learnPlanning Center, knowledge or willingness to learn ProPresenter.