Sandals Church, in partnership with AGORA Search Group, is seeking a People Director.
Sandals is a multi-site church in Riverside, California. It was founded by Pastor Matt Brown and his wife, Tammy with the vision to be real with themselves, God, and others. Every element of the organization is centered around this vision of authenticity
and the desire to see as many people as possible come to know God and find a place to be real. This vision is woven into Sandal’s DNA and is lived out in their workplace.
The People Director is responsible for fostering an environment of self-development. They will drive flexibility, mobility, and longevity at all organizational levels to ensure healthy staff movement within the organization including promotions, lateral
moves, status changes, departures and releases.
This role includes oversight of all staff and culture related programs including the milestone program, recognition program, wellness program, retreats, and celebrations. The People Director will provide thought leadership and transformational innovation
in the techniques and tools used to proactively develop Sandal’s staff.
The People Director will:
Champion the alignment of Sandal’s vision, culture, strategy and staff development across all campuses
Proactively recruit world class candidates to join the Sandal’s team
Define, own, and drive staff culture
Develop and implement strategies to build organizational resilience
Oversee the implementation of all staff and culture related programs including recognition, retreats, celebrations and wellness
Build a strategy around diversity
Own staff training and development systems
Steward the compensation strategy to ensure consistent and competitive compensation
Lead our peers in generosity through core benefit programs
Ensure compliance with all employment related legal and regulatory requirements by guiding staff policies, procedures, handbook and performance management
• An authentic faith and willingness to live in authentic relationship with broken people
• Hard working spiritual entrepreneur who regularly outperforms their goals
• A proven relational leader with the desire and experience to hire and develop a world class team
• A lifelong learner with a willingness to grow and change with an evolving organization
• Ability to develop trust with, coach, and counsel high level leaders
• Knowledge of HR systems and non-profit employment compliance
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five years experience in Human Resources, Recruiting, Staff Development and Organizational Culture
to view the full opportunity profile for this position visit us here:
Rob Lauer, CEO of AGORA Search Group, is leading this search.
For further details regarding this role, please contact:
CEO, AGORA Search Group