Calvary Church (Maumee, Ohio) is seeking a full-time, hard-working, passionate and driven tech director.
1. Provide technical support for all worship services and special events in all venues.
- Work with Worship Pastor and Worship Arts staff to ensure all audio and lighting needs are prepared for services and working efficiently so distractions are minimized
- Mix audio for services and events at a professional level.
- Set up stages as needed for services and events
- Perform proper sound checks
- Lighting programming for services and events
- Oversee and run Broadcast mix and post-production mixes (as needed)
- Focus, awareness, and being readily available during sound check, rehearsal, and the service is critically important to ensure professionalism and excellence
- Provide technical support as needed for children’s ministry, youth ministry, adult classes, bible studies, funerals, weddings, video shoots, and staff meetings
- Assist as needed in set designs
- Manage the set-up, connection, implementation, teardown, shut down and proper storage of all audio video or lighting equipment used during services or special events
- Assist Creative Media Director as needed for video activities.
- Attend Worship Arts Department weekly meetings.
2. Recruit, train, equip, schedule and lead Audio and Lighting volunteers.
- Provide strong leadership and oversight for volunteers
- Maintain schedule of competent audio and lighting engineers to operate the equipment for each event and service on Planning Center.
- Ensure that all volunteers are following the order of service and are performing their given task and the appropriate time
- Train other potential leaders to do your job better than you do it
- Always have responsibilities covered or find a replacement
3. Maintain AVL equipment.
- Ensure that all audio, video, and lighting equipment is functioning as it should and make on the fly repairs as needed
- Standardize and document all production systems.
- Communicate with Worship Pastor what audio, video, and lighting equipment owned and used by the church needs to be replaced, repaired, or upgraded
- Oversee any technical installation or projects.
- Provide feedback to Worship Pastor on areas that can be improved, updated, better organized, evaluated, or concerns that need to be addressed
4. Provide technical support for Calvary Staff
- Troubleshoot internet or other technical issues
- Provide advice and assistance in computer issues, repairs, and updates.
- Maintain a growing walk with the Lord through consistent prayer and the study of scripture
- Remain loyal and follow the leadership of the Lead Pastor
- Initiate an accountability relationship with another individual
- Be a faithful steward of your finances (including tithes and offerings)
- Maintain a positive attitude about yourself, your ministry and Calvary in general
- Constantly develop and enhance your ministry through reading up-to-date material, books, etc. and possibly attending seminars, conferences, or workshops
- Be informed and adhere to Calvary’s membership standards and the personnel policies of Calvary, as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Fully devoted Christ follower and must fully support the vision and ministry of Calvary Church
- 5+ years experience in Audio, Lighting, Video Production in a Church or equivalent professional environment.
- Expert knowledge of audio systems and large-format digital consoles, Dante networks, IMAG, Propresenter, intelligent LED, video lighting, DMX programming.
- Experience in Logic Pro (or any pro level DAW) and Broadcast Mixing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to teach anyone from beginners to experts to hit the defined targets and standards of the Worship Arts department.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- A life-giving spirit and attitude
- Drive to pursue excellence
- Creative mindset
- Out-of-the-box thinker
- Demonstrate loyalty to the vision of the team and church
- Heart of a servant
- High-capacity, multi-tasking, and organized
- Leader and team player
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be comfortable using a lift