Director of Communications OVERVIEW
We’re looking for a senior-level director who wants to use his or her marketing/communications skills to impact our community with the gospel. The Communication Director will be responsible for all communiques, branding, website maintenance, social-media
management, marketing and promotion, and producing graphics and media promos for sermon series and departmental events. The team member will work closely with Pastor and our Media Director.
- Create content, graphics, and manage print, web, video, social media, marketing, promotion, etc. in a manner that aligns our various communication needs.
- Consistently provide training opportunities for volunteer team members.
- Serve as the church’s brand manager, responsible for safeguarding how the church’s brand is portrayed in all communications pieces.
- Work with local media outlets to share the stories about how our church is impacting the community.
- Develop the church’s mobile-first inbound marketing and communications plan that will attract new people into our communications channels, deepen their engagement, and strategically bring them into the life of the church.
- Create a system of quality control for all the communication the church produces, from web copy to emails to printed products to videos.
- Take ultimate responsibility for all pieces of church content, including print, email, social media, web, mobile app, etc. Ensure every piece of content is technically effective, grammatically correct, doctrinally accurate, and within the church’s brand
- Work with the church’s facilities staff to ensure all signage throughout the campus communicates effectively within the brand framework.
- Serve as part of the Pastoral/Directors leadership team, helping to inform decisions with an understanding of communications needs.
- Participate in all weekly staff meetings and retreats.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and creative thinker with the ability to use data to inform strategy.
- Has a mobile-first mindset that consistently incorporates innovation within a communication strategy.
- An ability to manage the different “seasons” of the church, to lean in to work when periods are particularly busy and to lean in to family and other responsibilities during the rest of the year.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with the inbound marketing methodology.
- Intermediate knowledge of online advertising platforms, particularly Facebook.
- Keen understanding of modern branding techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of communications to a Christian church community.
- Ability to proofread content and check for both theological and grammatical errors as needed.
- Preferred skills: HTML/CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress.
- Growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.