Reports to: Lead Pastor
Job Title: Contemporary Worship Pastor/Director*
Description: Develop inspiring and engaging worship services that encourage the body to enter into corporate and personal worship.
- Lead the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship.
- Plan the contemporary worship services of Deer Flat in consultation with the lead pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
- Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day.
- Coordinate song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all musicians, vocalists.
- Lead contemporary services, rehearsals and/or special services as requested.
- Recruit and develop vocalists and musicians that have a heart for worship and aspire to excellence.
- Cultivate a spirit of unity and humility among the worship teams.
- Foster a team spirit by encouraging and communicating regularly with the Media Director and tech teams.
- Work in cooperation with the Heritage Worship Pastor to accomplish necessary platform changes between services, holiday sets, special events as well as general appearance and organization.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our Core Values and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Learn the weekly process of service planning and implementation in cooperation with staff.
- Provide pastoral coaching/mentorship to children’s and youth worship ministries.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with other staff, department heads, and musicians.
- Be a living model of Christlikeness and representative of His Church.
- Provide pastoral care to the Worship Team.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Agree with the beliefs and core values of Deer Flat and the Free Methodist Church.
- Vocal, musical and instrumental ability to lead and develop a team of vocalists and musicians.
- Experience planning and leading worship.
- A spirit of humility and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Desire to work with staff and volunteers in a cooperative effort.
*This is a part time position. However, if the applicant has the appropriate skills/gifts and a willingness to fulfill other ministry duties, a full-time position may be available.